FLASH FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FOR EASTERN PARISHES
The Meteorological Service has issued:
• A Flash Flood Watch for low-lying and flood-prone areas of St. Mary and Portland.
• Effective until 5:00 p.m. today.
• A Trough across Jamaica is currently producing unstable weather conditions.
• Satellite imagery and rainfall data indicate showers and thunderstorms impacting sections of northeastern parishes, especially Portland, last night through this morning.
• The forecast is for rainfall activity to continue across northeastern parishes, which could be heavy at times, then across hilly inland areas during the afternoon.
• A FLASH FLOOD WATCH means that flash flooding is possible and residents are advised to take precautionary measures, keep informed by listening to further releases from the Meteorological Service and be ready for quick action if flooding is observed or if a Warning is issued.
The Meteorological Service will continue to monitor the situation.