Friday, May 19, 2017 –5:00 p.m.
*** FLASH FLOOD WATCH CONTINUED FOR ALL PARISHES***
The Meteorological Service has continued the Flash Flood Watch:
• For low-lying and flood-prone areas of all parishes.
• Effective until 5:00 a.m. tomorrow.
• As the Trough persists in the vicinity of Jamaica weather conditions across the island will remain unstable. Satellite imagery and radar reports indicated that light to moderate showers affected sections of most parishes throughout the day.
• Showers and thunderstorms, which may be heavy at times, are expected to continue affecting sections of most parishes this weekend. Flash flooding is therefore still possible over some low-lying and flood-prone areas of Jamaica.
• A FLASH FLOOD WATCH means that flash flooding is possible and residents are advised to take precautionary measures, keep informed by listening to further releases from the Meteorological Service and be ready for quick action if flooding is observed or if a Warning is issued.
The Meteorological Service will continue to monitor the situation.