Thursday, May 18, 2017 –5:00 p.m.
*** FLASH FLOOD WATCH CONTINUED FOR ALL PARISHES***
The Meteorological Service has extended the Flash Flood Watch:
• For low-lying and flood-prone areas of all parishes.
• Effective until 5:00 a.m. tomorrow.
• The Trough is expected to remain in the vicinity of Jamaica over the next two days and will continue to influence weather conditions across the island. Satellite imagery and radar reports indicated that light to moderate showers affected mainly central and western parishes today.
• Projections are for showers and thunderstorms, which may be heavy at times, to continue affecting sections of most parishes. Flash flooding is therefore still possible over some low-lying and flood-prone areas of Jamaica.
• A FLASH FLOOD WATCH means that flash flooding is possible and residents are advised to take precautionary measures, keep informed by listening to further releases from the Meteorological Service and be ready for quick action if flooding is observed or if a Warning is issued.
The Meteorological Service will continue to monitor the situation.