Sunday March 19, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
*** FLASH FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR EASTERN PARISHES ***
The Meteorological Service has continued;
• A Flash Flood Watch for low-lying and flood-prone areas of St. Mary, Portland and St. Thomas.
• Effective until 5:00 p.m. today.
• The Stationary Front west of Jamaica continues to influence weather conditions across the island. Satellite imagery and Radar reports indicated that light to moderate showers affected mainly northeastern parishes last night into this morning.
• Showers, which could be heavy at times, are expected to continue to affect sections of St. Mary, Portland and St. Thomas today. Flash flooding is therefore likely over some low-lying and flood-prone areas of these parishes.
• A FLASH FLOOD WATCH means that flash flooding is possible and residents are advised to take precautionary measures, keep informed by listening to further releases from the Meteorological Service and be ready for quick action if flooding is observed or if a Warning is issued.
The Meteorological Service will continue to monitor the situation.