Saturday March 18, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
*** FLASH FLOOD WATCH CONTINUES FOR EASTERN PARISHES ***
The Meteorological Service has continued;
• A Flash Flood Watch for low-lying and flood-prone areas of St. Mary, Portland and St. Thomas.
• Effective until 5:00 a.m. tomorrow.
• The dissipating Stationary Front across Jamaica continues to influence weather conditions. Satellite imagery and Radar reports indicated that light to moderate showers affected all parishes today, especially eastern parishes.
• Showers, which could be heavy at times, are expected to continue to affect sections of St. Mary, Portland and St. Thomas tonight into tomorrow. Flash flooding is therefore likely over some low-lying and flood-prone areas of these parishes.
• A FLASH FLOOD WATCH means that flash flooding is possible and residents are advised to take precautionary measures, keep informed by listening to further releases from the Meteorological Service and be ready for quick action if flooding is observed or if a Warning is issued.
The Meteorological Service will continue to monitor the situation.